What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better products. For example:
- We may ask for your personal information when youre discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product.
- When you interact with Datarite Limited, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the Datarite Limited products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We also collect information for market research purposes such as your occupation and where you use your computer to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our website. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our website, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve Datarite Limited's products.